Pancake Day is never a good one when you are trying to get that Summer body. Spending the whole day eating pancakes covered in sugar, lemon, Nutella, ice-cream and whatever else you put on top is definitely a mega cheat day. So I have found a way to avoid your guilty conscience on pancake day (although I will not be following this, I will be stuffing my face.)
I came across these healthy pancakes a long time ago, so I thought now would be the best time to share with you this extremely easy recipe. I found this recipe when I was strict dieting through the summer as I have a massive sweet tooth, this always did the trick for me.For a long time I was making these pancakes either for breakfast or for my dessert after dinner.
It involves only 3 ingredients: eggs, bananas and honey.
Eggs – Eggs are good for you because they are loaded with high quality proteins, vitamins, minerals and good fats.
Bananas – Bananas are high potassium and contains a god level of protein and dietary fibre.
Honey – As I have spoken about previously on my blog, honey is good for you as it is a blend of sugar, minerals and vitamins, which is unlike any other sweetener on the planet. It has many health benefits when used in moderation.
Step by step:
- First of all, cut up the banana and lay them into a mixing bowl. The crack the egg into the mixing bowl and being to mix them together with a fork.
- Mixing the banana and egg takes a lot of work as they are both essentially solids. Instead of whisking it, use the fork to squish the bananas into little bits.
- The banana and egg mix turns slightly frothy. It doesn’t matter if there are still tiny bits of banana left as it will take a long time to get rid of them all.
- When you are happy with your mix, pour it into a well heated frying pan like you would do with a normal pancake.
- Unfortunately, it is very difficult to keep the pancake all in one piece as when you try to flip it over it normally breaks in half. But it does not matter, it will still taste the same.
- When you have finished cooking it, pop it on to a plate and cover it in honey. It tastes amazing!
I hope I have helped you all with sticking to your diet plans on pancake day. Its amazing, just three ingredients! What are you all giving up for lent this year?