As you all know I have spent the past week at home due to having reading week. I thought that instead of go out everyday with friends from home, that I would relax m body from the madness of the first semester. I dragged myself to the gym every single day with my mum as I was getting extremely bloated from the amount of alcohol and rubbish food I have been putting into my body. Every morning, mum and I would attend different classes and some days even 2, so that made me feel extremely productive. I felt that once I got my body moving it was a lot easier to get my Uni work done.
I have wanted to tell you about these ingredients for a long time. Once a week when I lived at home I tried to give myself a detox bath as it one of the easiest healing therapies that you can give your body.
Detoxification is the body’s way of removing and metabolising these dangerous compounds. It is a process the body does naturally without us even knowing it. There is an endless list of toxins that could potentially harm our bodies.
I only use 2 ingredients for my detox bath those being; Natural Lavender Oils and Epsom Salts.
Taking a detox bath will not only boost our health and well being and also strengthens your immune system and can prevent disease.
How to have a detox bath:
Add 5 drops of Lavender Oil and 2 cups Epsom salts, then add a standard tub full of warm water, it is best to have the water quite hot so that you begin to sweat. Put yourself in the water so you are soaking your whole body, all the way up to your neck, you want most of your body to be under the water. Close your eyes and soak yourself for 20 – 30 minutes. Make sure afterwards to not use any harsh products on your skin straight after as your pores will have opened and will take in any chemicals found in those products.
Once you have dried, moisturise your whole body with body butter or coconut oil, but try and avoid any lotions with chemicals. Try not to eat straight after, instead hydrate yourself with water, allow time after your bath to rest.
These baths make me feel amazing, especially after I have been to the gym. I bought the Natural Lavender Oil online and then the Epsom salts are from an organic food shop on Glastonbury high street.
I love Autumn! Autumn is one of the most prettiest times of the year, especially in the small village that I live in. I am currently on reading week so I am spending a lot of my time relaxing at home, it has made me really appreciate the home the place that I have been brought up in.
To get into the Autumnal spirit I have created a facemask which will completely detox your skin. It is very simple.
Honey has become very popular product that beauty gurus have been talking about to treat any type of skin condition, including burns and sores. Honey helps to kill bacteria and may help reduce inflammation. Manuku honey is the best for medical use.
Cinnamon has been used to treat digestion and has been shown to have potential anti – inflammatory benefits in animals. It is extremely good for oly skin as it regulates the oil production on the face. It cleanses your pores and exfoliates the dead skin cells.
Risks: Do not create this at home if you have a honey or cinnamon allergy.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together, making a smooth paste and apply onto a clean face.
- Keep it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Try and do this 2-3 times a week.
This face mask is extremely good for spots as it fights acne and pimples and exfoliates the dead skin cells. The good thing about it is that it is completely organic. I have a really bad rash on my face at the moment due to an allergic reaction from the Halloween make up, so these ingredients have helped it to heal. I have never had an allergic reaction before, so instead of sussing it out, I have just let it heal naturally. It has taken a week, but it is slowly getting there.
Cranberries are small acidic berries which grow on on evergreen shrubs in North America. The can be made into juice, jam or sauces and are also available in a dry form. Cranberry juice is my favourite kind of juice, it is dark red and made from whole berries. The best thing about this juice is that it has no added colour or flavour and offers many health and beauty benefits on account of its high nutritional value.
Health benefits of Cranberry Juice:
- One of the main reasons I drink cranberry juice is because it prevents cystitis. I used to suffer a lot from cystitis due to the lack of water I drank. When I got them in the past, I would down a huge glass of cranberry juice which would get rid of the pain very quickly. It can also help relieve or prevent any urinary tract infects tons.
- It can prevent tooth decay as it inhabits bacteria growth due to cavities.
- It can help with weight loss as cranberries are less sweet than other fruits. So the fact that cranberry juice doesn’t contain any added sugars makes it a much better drink that sodas or any other sweet juices.
- Cranberry juice helps with digestion as it has a rich fibre. This helps the digestion system function smoothly, leaving you with a happ stomach.
- A study says that cranberry juice is a good immunity booster as a daily glass can reduce colds and flus.
Cranberry juice is a very good addiction to the daily diet as I have just stated, plus it is delicious!
For a golden glow…
This is a product that actually my sister bought from the Lush Cosmetics store in Cribbs Causeway. One of the companies employees used their customer service and won Alice over. This is a small, bronze body tint bar that gives you a slight glow. It is an extremely moisturising bar that you rib all over your body after you wash your body. The best time to use it is when you are going on a night out or any sort of day event to make to make your skin glow. I liked to use it on my legs due to them not being so brown at the moment because of the miserable English weather. This will give your body a sort of highlight and will stand out well in the lights.
The part about this product that sold it to my sister, is the fact that you can use this body bar as a face highlighter. Personally I have never been one to spend lots of money on an expensive highlighter because although it does look lovely on some girls, a massive amount of highlighter on my face look silly. This is the same for Alice. I think it is mainly because we have very fare skin, whenever we go out it never looks as if we are wearing much make up when we are. But, when I used this product on my face before I went out with my girlfriends last night, I fell in love.
Normally with a highlighter you use it just above your contour line, but with this product I placed it on top of my contour in a thick line. It gave my face a slight shimmer and sparkle which brought out my face a lot more and defined my cheek bones.
This product cost £7.95 for 30Gs. If you are interested, click on the first photograph of the body bar on this blog post and it will take you to the Lush Cosmetic site.
W7 Matte Lipsticks – Summer Colours
After Glastonbury Festival I went for a massive beauty shop to try to sort my life out a bit and ended up coming across these three lipsticks. First of all I love the brand W7, from their eye shadows to their contouring kit, you definitely get good value for your money. When I went into the beauty outlet in Clarks Village they had a huge selection of lipstick, and after going through them all I picked out these as my top three; Pink, Jemima and Cote d’Azure.
I have been looking for a lipstick that I could wear daily. I have never been massively into putting something on my lips but I really wanted to start to as it really changes the whole look of you face. It also can make you look like you have put in a lot more effort than you have. Pink is a slightly darker colour to the other two and is perfect for a night out. The quality of the lipstick is amazing and found that I only had to apply it around two more times throughout the night. Jemima is a nice colour when you are having a day out, maybe going for a nice lunch or even dinner. In the swat on my hand, it looks a lot brighter than it actually is, the same with Cote d’Azure. That one is not as orange as it looks, it is actually more pinky. My favourite is Jemima at the moment due to the stunning weather Great Britain has been having. I also have not been out as much lately, so it is perfect for my days out or dinners with my boyfriend and friends. I definitely recommend having a look at W7 lipsticks, they are definitely worth the money as they do the job without spending a fortune.
Thursday 19th July
Today is my only day off all week. I have absolutely no plans so the day is all about me. I woke up at 10:00AM, got out of bed and made myself a banana protein smoothie. Then my brother Jack and I went to the gym. I got home at 1:00PM and made myself a salad. It felt so nice eating well after the past 4 days of complete binging. I then sat at my computer and caught up on my blogging!
I then decided to walk Maisy, my dog, to the local shop to buy a cappuccino and a magazine because it was then time for face masks. In the evening I cleaned my car and went back to the gym. I thought this was a perfect day off as it was a day spent repenting and now I feel a lot better for it.
What you need for a day off:
- A good magazine/book – I chose a Health magazine as I have recently enjoyed reading about different meals and exercising as don’t know to much about it. I also want to be more knowledged on what is good and what is bad for me.
- Healthy meals – I have tried to seriously detox, by eating just salads and a piece of salmon for my dinner.
- A good television show – I have been re – watching TOWIE and Gossip Girl recently as I have not been able to find a new show. If you have an suggestions please comment below.
- A long bath – I actually made myself a detox bath which I will talk about in a different post.
- Run small errands – Get everything done that you need too. Whether it is sending post or even just washing your car. Get it done on your day off!
- Pamper yourself! – Today I finally go to use my Garnier – Moisture Bomb face mask. I actually bought this ages ago and never got round to trying it. I left it on for 15 minutes and when I removed it I rubbed the remains of the product in the packet into my face. It left an oily feeling on my face and when I dried up made my voice feel spotless. I then used these 7th Heaven – Unclog Pore Strips that I bought from Primark. I placed when across my nose and it removed all the dead skin and my black head. In my Healthy magazine I got this Dr Organic – Lavender Skin Lotion which I placed on my face after using all the products I have already spoke about.
Healthy magazine, Dr Organic – Lavender Skin Lotion, 7th Heaven – Unclog Pore Strips, Lush – Hand and Body Lotion, Garnier – Cleansing Water, Garner – Moisture Bomb.