1 SECOND OF THE DAY
From the first day of University to the last – I took a video every single day (nearly everyday) for the whole of my first year at University. I used the 1SD (1 second a day) app to create it. I would recommend buying this app as it is such a great way to capture memories!
SUBU Summer Ball – Bournemouth University
At the end of the year, Bournemouth University puts on a a Summer Ball which is more like a festival, where all the students dress up as anything they want and spend the whole day partying. This year the line up was not as good, last year they had Chase & Status and My Nu Leng! But this year they had MK, Friction and a couple other DJs. The whole event was put on amazingly, although it was quite small it was like a festival. They had lots of different dance tents including a Bestival, Foreverland and Apple Bum stage.
As you can see, myself and 4 other girls dressed up as eggs. It sounded like a good idea and we got a lot of compliments but it was absolutely boiling. By the time it got to me taking off my egg and wearing my Topshop glittery dress, I was so sweaty it didn’t look good, haha!
The whole day was absolutely amazing, the best send of to first year with all my friends – I couldn’t ask for a better group of people at University!
Roll on the rest of the Summer!!
The Inferno – Bournemouth
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
I had just finished my last presentation of the year, the sun was shining, so Katie and I thought it would be a nice idea to go for food and a cold drink before I got the sweaty train back home for the rest of the week. Katie is my flatmate and best friend!
I have decided to spend the rest of the week at home because I thought I would find it a lot easier to revise for my exam next Friday and I was missing Solly. I also was starting to feel really unfit so while I am home I can get back into CrossFit.
The Inferno is a cute little pub right next to my accommodation which I have been to for drink but not food. The outside is right on the street, with fake grass on the floor and colourful furniture. I wish I had discovered it early because it is so cute for the Summer days and is extremely cheap.
CHASE & STATUS – SWITCH SOUTHAMPTON
Recently everybody has been extremely stressed about it being exam season, so the girls and I thought we would have one last big night out before we really settle down. Also my friend Ellie goes to AUB and completely finished first year on Monday. We decided to go and watch Chase & Status DJ set in Switch Southampton where none of us have ever been before.
Outfit is all BooHoo.com
Chase & Status were a bit disappointing but it was a really good night, apart from getting stranded in Southampton until 6AM where we finally decided to just pay for a taxi home, rather than wait until 8:30AM for the first train.
Now it is time to settle down before LOVE SAVES THE DAY and the beginning of the Summer. I officially finish my first year on University next Friday!
Monday night at a liquid DnB night at the Bomo Bunker in Bournemouth
Taco Tuesdays with Katie – Taco Bell has just opened in Bournemouth, it is cheap and tasty.
HOW TO AVOID GETTING RUN DOWN OVER EXAM STRESS
1. Take regular breaks and schedule in fun things to look forward to – Even when you have an intense exam timetable you always have time for a little break, whether that is 20 minutes or even half a day. Having something to look forward to will motivate you to work your hardest.
2. Get a good nights sleep – Get into bed, watch a nice film and have an early night. Sleeping is a priority, you shouldn’t be up all hours of the night revising. Having an early night will mean an early morning, meaning you will get a lot more done the next day.
“Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion”
3. Keep everything in perspective – Exams are important, yes… But you are more important.
4. Avoid getting stressed out about other people – Try to reduce or avoid any sort of exposure to the person who may be causing you stress, limit your time on social media and realise that other peoples problems are not your problem.
5. Make lists – I have always been a list person, I write lists and then don’t even look at them again. Just getting everything in your head down on paper will reduce your stress and will show you how much you need to do. Just the act of feeling like you are in control with help with your revision.