Remember, remember the 5th of November
Yesterday I was in a huge rush to get back from Univesity to watch a fireworks display at my old work, The Ashcott. I had drove back to University on the Sunday evening as on the Monday I had training to become a blogger and a vlogger. This means I will be writing articles and make videos for Bournemouth Uni, which is great experience for what I was to do when I am older.
I left the training early before my 2 hour drive home to make it in time for the fireworks. I hadn’t seen any yet this year, but it seems like they have been going off absolutely everywhere, all week. I am now on reading week, where I am getting an extremely long list of Uni tasks done before I go back on Saturday. I am on a tight schedule as I need most of it to be done by Thurday, as I am spending the day in Exeter visiting my younger brother at Uni. Then, on Friday, my boyfriend has his exam and will be finished by 1. So I want to feel like I have accomplished enough to spend the whole day with him without worrying.
Hope you all have the best week!
Conto Lounge, Winton
On a rainy, autumn day my friend Katie and I went for a nice coffee (she got a hot chocolate) at the Conto Lounge on Winton high street. I think I spend around £20 a week on a nice coffee, the addiction I getting a bit ridiculous.
So the weather has taken a turn for the worst, it is officially winter and my mood is at an all time low. It is the beginning of my reading week and I am spending it at my boyfriends house. The fact I have the whole week off is stressing me out, I have so much I need to do and feel like I won’t get it all done. Solly also has his exam to become a qualified electrician on Friday. I am staying with my boyfriend all week as my Mum has officially moved out to Saudi Arabia to be with my Dad and I am not going to see either of them until Christmas. My house is so cold and empty.
The weather is definitely affecting everybody’s moods, it is dark by 5PM and I just want the Summer back already.
Happy November everybody! Time to get into the Christmas spirit.
Monday night at a liquid DnB night at the Bomo Bunker in Bournemouth
Taco Tuesdays with Katie – Taco Bell has just opened in Bournemouth, it is cheap and tasty.
HOW TO AVOID GETTING RUN DOWN OVER EXAM STRESS
1. Take regular breaks and schedule in fun things to look forward to – Even when you have an intense exam timetable you always have time for a little break, whether that is 20 minutes or even half a day. Having something to look forward to will motivate you to work your hardest.
2. Get a good nights sleep – Get into bed, watch a nice film and have an early night. Sleeping is a priority, you shouldn’t be up all hours of the night revising. Having an early night will mean an early morning, meaning you will get a lot more done the next day.
“Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion”
3. Keep everything in perspective – Exams are important, yes… But you are more important.
4. Avoid getting stressed out about other people – Try to reduce or avoid any sort of exposure to the person who may be causing you stress, limit your time on social media and realise that other peoples problems are not your problem.
5. Make lists – I have always been a list person, I write lists and then don’t even look at them again. Just getting everything in your head down on paper will reduce your stress and will show you how much you need to do. Just the act of feeling like you are in control with help with your revision.